Garmin Nuvi 1450 is a yet another addition into the extensive range of innovative and feature-packed Garmin sat-nav devices. This outstanding high-end GPS gadget incorporates a luxurious 5” display screen and unmatched features that redefines the whole navigation experience. This world-class GPS device from the house of Garmin is designed with ingenious technology and user-centric approach. It has been built for robust performance and spot-on location search. However, this flawless navigation is possible only if it is always maintained up-to-date with the latest software and maps. In other words, users are required to undertake regular Garmin Nuvi 1450 update for unbeatable navigation experience.
Usually, the essential update procedures for state of the art sat-nav gadgets transforms the overall navigation experience into a nightmare for users. However, user experience is a priority for the award-winning Garmin products. As such, Garmin has framed a unique, and convenient way for instantly updating Garmin Nuvi 1450. You can follow the below-mentioned step by step instructions for smooth and hasslefree Garmin Nuvi 1450 update.
Step 1: Install Garmin Express
- The very first step for Garmin Nuvi 1450 update requires you to install the Garmin Express application on your computer/ laptop. Garmin Express is a comprehensive and innovative desktop application that facilitates the management of all your Garmin devices.
- To begin with, you should open your browser and access the official Garmin Express website.
- Here, you should locate the setup file specific to your computer’s OS.
- Subsequently, download the setup file.
- Thereafter, open the downloaded file and install it on your system by following on-screen instructions.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Step 2: Connect Garmin GPS to the Computer
- First of all, you should dismantle the device from your automobile.
- Then, turn it on and ensure it is fully charged.
- Now, hook it up to your computer with the Garmin Express application by means of a mini USB cable.
- Subsequently, wait while the progress bar scrolls.
- Thereafter, open Garmin Express on your computer. Next, you should click on “Get Started”.
- The following window will prompt you to add your Garmin device. Hence, click on “Add A Device” tab.
- Finally, click on “Add Device” when prompted and follow on-screen instructions to complete the connection.
Step 3: Garmin Nuvi 1450 Update
- This brings us to the final stage of the Garmin Nuvi 1450 update process. GPS devices like your Garmin Nuvi 1450 depend on regular updates of latest software and maps for accurate navigation.
- The last step will lead you to the dashboard of Garmin express.
- The application will automatically detect all the available updates for the connected device.
- Consequently, it will display a list of all the updates.
- Finally, click on “Install All”.
- As a result, the application will initiate the installation process.
- This will take some time. Here, the application will first download the available updates on your computer. Subsequently, it will automatically transfer the updates to your Garmin Nuvi 1450 gadget.
- Since the actual time taken for the process depends on the speed of your internet connection and the number/ size of available updates. Hence, wait while ensuring the device stays connected to the system, Meanwhile, keep your system free to speed up the process.
- Finally, it will notify you about the successful installation of updates.
Step 4: Disconnect the Garmin GPS
- After successfully transferring updates to your Garmin Nuvi 1450 device, the application will confirm that your sat-nav gadget is safe to remove.
- Hence, unplug the device connected through the mini USB cable.
- Finally, restart your GPS device to complete the Garmin Nuvi 1450 update process.