Garmin Sat Nav devices are compatible with SD card slots. It offers the extra storage capacity and expands the range and purpose of your Garmin device. At times there is no storage available on your Garmin device to download the available map updates. Then, you can use your SD card downloading those available maps updates.
If you use the SD card installation option then all the critical files will get loaded on your SD card. Hence, on using the SD card you are required to keep it inserted in the device even after the completion of the update.
To use the SD card you first have to add map updates in it. By adding in the SD card, you can use these maps on your Garmin device. For this, you can follow the process mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to insert the SD card in your Garmin device. This SD card slot is located on the side of the Garmin device, under the battery.
- After this, you have to connect your Garmin device with the computer.
For this, use the USB cable. Attach one end of the cable with the device and other with the computer. Once the connection is established, your system will show your Garmin device as a removable device.
- Then, open the “My Computer” window on your computer by clicking its respective icon from the desktop.
- You will get the Garmin icon there. Double-click that icon.
- Now, your SD card drive will appear under the Garmin icon. Make sure your SD card has sufficient storage available for map updates.
- After this, access a web browser on your system and move to the official website of Garmin.
- Next, sign-in to your Garmin account using a registered username and password.
- In your Garmin account, click the “Manage Maps” tab. This will open a list of maps available for your device.
- Select the desired map and download it on your system by clicking the “Download Map” icon.
- Thereafter, tap the “Add to Device” option which is provided on the download receipt.
- Now, click the “Garmin Device” option.
- Then, tap the link stating “More Options”.
- After that, send the maps to the SD card by clicking the “MicroSD card” option.
- In the next window, read the Terms of Service and click “Continue”.
This will successfully download and install the available map updates to your SD card. Now, you can use these updates maps for enhancing your driving experience.