Garmin GPS devices come with internal lithium or lithium-ion batteries. Lithium batteries have a voltage of 1.75V and are not chargeable. While Lithium-ion batteries have a voltage of 4.2 V but these batteries are chargeable. A fully charged battery lasts between four to eight hours depending on the usage and settings of your device. Garmin GPS devices show the status of the internal battery at the top-right corner of the screen. So if you are using Lithium-ion battery, you can charge it whenever you need. Hence, to charge Garmin GPS device, follow the below-given guide.
How To charge Garmin GPS Devices?
There are three methods to charge your Garmin devices i.e Vehicle Power Cable, AC Power Method and USB Power Method. So, follow one of three Methods to charge your Garmin Devices.
Vehicle Power Cable:
You can charge your Garmin device with the help of your vehicle power cable. But your vehicle must be in the running position until the battery is fully charged. So, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, connect the small end of the vehicle power cable to the side or back of your Garmin GPS device.
- Now, plug the round end of the vehicle power cable into a power plug in your vehicle.
- Then, turn on your vehicle.
- Your Garmin GPS device battery continues to charge till your vehicle is running.
- Once the battery is fully charged, remove the power cable from your Garmin device.
AC Power Method:
This is the fastest and most effective method to charge your Garmin Device. Garmin device comes with a small USB port for charging. You can use this port to connect a USB cable with the AC adaptor and to a wall outlet. So, follow the below-given instructions:
- Firstly, connect the small end of the cable to the side or back of your Garmin GPS device.
- Then, connect the other end of the USB cable to the AC adaptor.
- After that, plug in the AC adaptor to the electrical board. Make sure that your device is connected to the power cable till the battery is fully charged.
- Once the screen of your Garmin device displays full bars of the battery, disconnect the USB cable from the device.
- Also, Plug off the AC adapter from the electrical board.
USB Power Method:
You can charge your Garmin device with your computer system by attaching a USB cable. For that, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the Garmin device.
- Next, turn on your computer.
- Now, plug the other end of the cable into the USB port on your computer.
- It will start charging your Garmin device. Make sure your computer must be turned on until the battery gets fully charged.
- After the battery is fully charged, disconnect your Garmin device and the computer by detaching the USB cable.
Hence, this way you can charge your Garmin devices if it is equipped with Lithium-ion batteries.