While moving on the road, it becomes important to get more accurate and complete information. For better and smooth working of the Garmin navigation device along with accurate information, you must update the software and maps released by Garmin. You can update the Garmin GPS by following the process mentioned below. Carefully follow each step and update Garmin GPS without facing any error.
First and foremost, Download and Install Garmin Express on your device.
To initiate the GPS update process, you first have to download and install Garmin Express on your system. For downloading, you have to visit the Garmin Express window i.e. garmin.com/express. Once the download process gets completed, move to the next step i.e. installation. Follow all the on-screen instructions and successfully complete the installation process.
After that, you have to Connect Your Device to the System.
The next step after installation is to connect your device to the system for automatically updating the software and maps on your device. You can connect your device, using the USB cable. You will get this cable along with a navigation device. Now, take the cable and connect one end of the cable to the Garmin device and another end of the cable to your system.
In case you are a new user and your product is not yet registered. Then, register your device at Garmin Express.
After registration of your Garmin product, you have to add your device to Garmin Express.
- It is an important step for updating maps and software on Garmin Express. You can easily add your product by following the given method.
- First of all, open the Garmin Express application by double-clicking the installed application icon. You can locate the installed icon on the desktop.
- In the Garmin Express application, you have to click the “Add a Device” button.
- This will start searching for your Garmin device. Make sure your device is well connected with the system.
- Next, from the search result, select your Garmin device and tap the “Add Device” button.
- After that, for syncing the data, Garmin asks you to sign in to your Garmin Connect account.
- You can log in for clicking the “Sign In” button and entering your Garmin Express login credentials in the required field.
- In case you don’t have a Garmin Connect account, click the “Create an Account” tab. Then, enter all the required details in the respective fields.
- Further, you can provide a nickname to your Garmin device. Also, select the desired language for the application. After that, tap the “Next” button.
- Then, you have to connect your Garmin Express to the network connection. This will help you in updating the data to Garmin Connect.
- In order to connect, click the “Find Network” tab and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, click the “Next” button.
- Thereafter, Garmin wants its users to read the Privacy Statement for avoiding future complications. You can access the document by clicking the “View Privacy Statement” option.
- Once you are done with reading the document, click the “Yes” button in order to agree with the terms and conditions of Garmin Express.
- By doing so, adding the Garmin device process will begin. This might take a few minutes, hence, wait for the completion of the process.
Finally, update your Garmin GPS by installing available maps and software.
After successfully adding the Garmin Sat Nav device, you have to install the maps and software updates. This will automatically update your Garmin GPS. For updating your Garmin GPS, follow the procedure mentioned below.
- In the Garmin Express window, click the “Check For Updates” option.
- Then, tap the “View Details” option. By doing so the list of available updates will appear.
- From the whole list of available updates, locate the updates you want to install. Then, tap the “Install” button.
- Now, the Terms and Conditions window will appear on the screen. After reading the document, tap the “Accept” button.
- Thereafter, from the instruction window, look at all the instructions given. Make sure you follow all the instructions. This will help you in experiencing the error-free installation of the Garmin GPS Update.
- Further, tap the “Continue” option.
- This will begin the installation process. Review the update procedure with the help of the progress bar. Now, wait for the completion of the process.
- Once the process gets completed, click the “Check For Update” option. This will help you to know if your update process is done successfully or not.
- Here completes the Garmin GPS update procedure. After this, you can start using the Garmin Sat Nav device for enhancing your experience with updated software and maps.